Upgrading the Chicken Coop

Yesterday, I decided to get out to the coop and do the upgrades it needs.  The chicks aren’t really chicks anymore, and they’re getting close to old enough that they’ll need some nesting boxes.  The roosts I had in there aren’t supporting their weight anymore.

I created 4 nesting boxes out of old plastic crates I got from a grocery store for free, and the roosts are old branches I screwed together.  The total cost of the upgrade project was… well….  I guess whatever the cost of a half a dozen screws was.  Under a dollar.  And a punctured finger.  And the headache I got from doing the work in 90 degree heat.  But other than that, it was free…

Here’s a little video I put together to show the results.

Leave a Comment